Posted on

If I let my property out do I need to change my insurance policy?

When renting your house out you will need to change your homeowner’s insurance policy to a rental / landlord insurance policy. This policy covers the buildings structure, pipes and electrics but does not include contents.
We strongly recommend to any tenants that they should get their own contents insurance to cover their belongings.
Failure to change your insurance will result in a void policy if the property is tenanted and something goes wrong.